Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, it's all good, just a name, after you make the power you boys are making, seriously, i'd say the blue vette will be alot of ppls nightmare on the street, even tho it was a Fawking beast already, i can only imagine ...crazy things
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats to comp06, just made 5.0
      sigpic

Comment

Lol found the thread now I got to find the picture on the website and add it on here. Thanks again bob!

2006 competition orange,paxton,cams,and bolt ons
        2002 f150
        2009 volvo c30 (wife's car)
        1999 mustang (project car)

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFRstang View Post
          this is my baby brother i watched him get pulled over and get a speeding ticket and show the cop his magazine cop said" it was his first ticket to a car in a magazine pretty cool"
          68 BBC SS Chevelle
          66 Chevelle
          68 SS Chevelle
          13 Dodge Ram Hemi

Comment

So not exactly my car in a magazine, but I did inspire Esquire to do a segment on car rivalries.

My letter to their editor:

Sam Smith in "The 2013 Car Awards" states that the Porsche 911 is the "perennial rival" of Corvette. And that the Vette is "Detroit's only real sports car".

As a (Dodge/SRT) Viper owner and enthusiast, I take GREAT exception to both of those statements. For the past 20 years, the greatest rivalry in American sports cars has been Viper - Vette. I don't know where Sam is from, but out here in Kentucky, we all know that 1. Vettes aren't made in Detroit. They're made in Bowling Green. 2. Viper is a hand built sports car, actually made in Detroit. and 3. I've never seen a Porsche 911 at a drag strip racing a Vette, much less trying to win the hearts and minds of folks on the street. Call us "flyover country" all you want, but desiring Porsche is a construct of coastal regions and midlife crises, not country boys with a little extra change who like eating up Mustangs on Friday nights.

You've talked about the 2013 Viper in previous issues, and it's a glaring error in judgment to call Porsche a rival of Vette, and to ignore Viper as "the other" sports car America produces.
            Their reply in this month's Esquire:

If you can't read it, it says the following:

In our 2013 Car Awards (November), Esquire car correspondent Sam Smith called the Porsche 911 the "perennial rival" of the Corvette. Matthew Snoddy, a proud Dodge Viper owner, took exception. We had no idea this would be so contentious. Or fun. So we asked Smith to give us a few more great automotive rivalries, along with what each car might say about its driver.
            something something Viper something

Comment

Dang Matt, Esquire! That's Thurston Howell III level stuff right there man!

9.59 @ 149.3
              Adamantium Piston Studs and Valve Bolts, NA Pre-blower.

Comment

very cool thread quade

2011 GT500 SVTPP 10.27 @ 135.99

Comment

Lot of people on here with Mag spreads that hasn't posted them. If you get ink, post up! Oren will be able to make a post in here on March 2nd.

9.59 @ 149.3

Comment

does facebook spreads count? my monte carlo was on the car of the week for the "burning rubber" page for burnout photo of the week, and my engine was posted on Trick Flows page showcasing their super 23 195cc heads.
                    Somerset Certified Autobody (Mrs.Mcnastys Body&Paint)Web Page for estimates/service-http://www.somersetcertifiedautobody.com/
                    Please like and subscribe to my bodyshop's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MrsMcNastysBody?fref=ts

2004 Cadillac SLS 4.6 Northstar-White Lightning pearl. 15.6@91mph
                    1984 Chevy Monte Carlo SS- 13.7 @98mph

Comment

Originally posted by roman_back View Post
                      does facebook spreads count? my monte carlo was on the car of the week for the "burning rubber" page for burnout photo of the week, and my engine was posted on Trick Flows page showcasing their super 23 195cc heads.
                      Heck yes, I'd reckon Roman. That's media from my point of view. Post it up brother.

9.59 @ 149.3

Comment

ill try to go back and find em, ill screen shot em, that way we don't have to log in to facebook or search through months of posts to find them.
                        Somerset Certified Autobody (Mrs.Mcnastys Body&Paint)Web Page for estimates/service-http://www.somersetcertifiedautobody.com/
                        Please like and subscribe to my bodyshop's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MrsMcNastysBody?fref=ts

2004 Cadillac SLS 4.6 Northstar-White Lightning pearl. 15.6@91mph
                        1984 Chevy Monte Carlo SS- 13.7 @98mph

Comment

Detectorall Co., Ltd. produces metal detectors and security devices with excellent quality and favorable price.View more details:
                          placer gold

Comment

Working...
                          X