traction control on 04 GTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShorTuning View Post
    Bring the car by here and I'll pull the current tune and compare it to stock to verify everything in torque management or limiting related is set correctly for free.
    thanks man thats awesome, i got the traction button to work, under the hood there was a fuse called T-relax missing so i put fuse in and the button works but im not sure if its actually disabled like the previous owner said..can they change shift points also? the shift points in the automatic feel weird first gear last way to long, way longer than normal feels like or is that how these trans shift from factory?
    Last edited by joshb1983; 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM.
    sigpic1970 plymouth roadrunner/1998 trans am ws6/2004 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by jbg52 View Post
      Traction control on these cars are a joke. Honestly, iI'd recommend saving the $75 and invest it on something else on the car. Just my advice from a fellow GTO owner.
      i like your gto, looks awesome, i wanna get the 05-06 hood and some stock wheels for mine..

Comment

Originally posted by joshb1983 View Post
        thanks man thats awesome, i got the traction button to work, under the hood there was a fuse called T-relax missing so i put fuse in and the button works but im not sure if its actually disabled like the previous owner said..can they change shift points also? the shift points in the automatic feel weird first gear last way to long, way longer than normal feels like or is that how these trans shift from factory?
        GTO owners will know more, however, I've driven a few automatics and never noticed it shifting oddly.

Comment

The tune has total control of how and when the transmission shifts. So if it was tuned previously and is holding gears but still functioning correctly then the shift points are just off.
          James Short

Comment

Originally posted by ShorTuning View Post
            The tune has total control of how and when the transmission shifts. So if it was tuned previously and is holding gears but still functioning correctly then the shift points are just off.
            would it be hard to get everything back to normal? they ran good factory id say..id be happy with it back to original

Comment

That wouldn't be a problem at all. I have several stock calibrations from 2004 GTO's. A simple read and copy stock parameters over to your tune and flash wouldn't take 10mins.
              James Short

Comment

Originally posted by joshb1983 View Post
                they ran good factory id say..id be happy with it back to original
                just a trans tune on my auto was night & day, I wouldn't have wanted to go back

I ain't got shit

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                  just a trans tune on my auto was night & day, I wouldn't have wanted to go back
                  big difference? might be worth it on mine..all the shift points seem ok other than first, its horrible, better off not even having 1st

Comment

Working...
                  X