X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression Calculator

UPDATED

Now has Dynamic Compression as well.

I will later add in forced induction to the dynamic calculation but it's a little bit more complex than just NA Dynamic Compression.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ShorTuning; 05-24-2011, 12:18 AM.
    James Short

:thumbsup2: Cool!

Comment

Bump Mod's could you put this in the top as a Sticky. I updated the calculator to have a very accurate Dynamic Compression calculation based on camshaft valve event's as well.

Very useful tool!
      James Short

Comment

Is this a LS based calculator only?
        Sean Foster

1.32 60ft
        6.30 1/8
        108 mph
        9.95 1/4
        133 mph
        Bluecat approved!
        383 AI 200cc/custom grind w/full bolton's. 4L80E w/edge 3600 stall, Moser 12 bolt w/4.10

91' RS 7.88 8th 320rwhp 442rwtq

"Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even though no one else does it."

Comment

Just a note: "PI()" is the function for Pi in excel... instead of writing 3.141593 everywhere... looks really good though!
          Eric "the" Pyles

White '08 BMW 335i

Blue '85 Ford F-150

Comment

Yeah I will go back and edit the earlier functions with that. The newer dynamic compression functions has PI() instead of the actual number. That alone will make it a little more accurate too. I'll update it later in the day. Thanks for pointing that out cause I wrote the static compression side of it a couple years ago.

This can be used on any motor. I just titled it LSx because that's what I deal with the most.

***EDIT***
            I updated the forumula's.. so should be even more accurate now.
            James Short

Comment

Working...
            X