Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the optis in 93- 97 lt1's... Mine lasted on me for one night, was so pissed! Had it changed before I went to the track.. Blew it comeing home from that track, wasnt happy at all!

Hey Bluecat, im'a send you a PM about tunein my 94 b4c Z28, if you dont mind.

-Brandon
    PROJECT " MONTE CARLO KILLER" BEWARE 2010!!!

Comment

changed my opti finally and lost most of my lope from my cam THAT SUCKS

Comment

I'm getting ready to put a set of pacesetters longtubes on my 1994 trans am is there any thing I need to know first.

Comment

Finaly got them put on and my exhaust done to it was a pain in the ass but I got it, and after I put the dynomax bullet muffler on and run it out the back that thing sounds wicked.

Comment

That's so true... my ignition coil was fried and everything and I changed everything before I finally changed out my optispark... and low and behold that fixed my misfire lol

Comment

Well..What happens when a 94 Z28 gets a dirty orange spark because the Opti is fried? Just replace it too? the guy already replaced the distributor..cap...button...plugs..wires..map sensor...ignition control module..msd coil pack. Still wont start.. I'm thinking of buying this car if thats all I have to do. lol
              2010 Mustang GT

Comment

how much for the opti call or text me at 1606-371-9999 my name is larry

Comment

i have a 95 z28 and iv changed to opti 4 times it runs for about 20 miles every time and quits and dont start back this time it quit and now im not getting any fire iv changed everything on it that would cause it not to fire and bypassed the security thinking that might be it but it wasnt it has msd on it thats what the backing plate is with the plug that comes out of the opti msd bulit opti spark on summit idn what else to try iv done everything any ideas

Comment

Have you replaced the plug that goes from the opti to the rt side of the intake?
                    Sean Foster

1.32 60ft
                    6.30 1/8
                    108 mph
                    9.95 1/4
                    133 mph
                    Bluecat approved!
                    383 AI 200cc/custom grind w/full bolton's. 4L80E w/edge 3600 stall, Moser 12 bolt w/4.10

91' RS 7.88 8th 320rwhp 442rwtq

"Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even though no one else does it."

Comment

where is it located idn what it is im getting no fire from coil or plugs idn what the deal is

Comment

if your talking about the peice that bolts to the coil the the spark control yep knock sencor map o2 sen coil and opit 4 times idn

Comment

i personally went through 2 ACDelco optis and 3 el cheapos from auto zone. I eventually went MSD...BUT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE OVER AND LOCKTITE THE TWO SCREWS IN THE ROTOR BUTTON, THEY DO NOT PUT LOCKTITE ON THEM DURING ASSEMBLY, THIS IS A MUST AND SCREWS BACKING OUT OF THE ROTOR BUTTON IS THE MAIN CAUSE OF THE DISTRIBUTORS CRAPING OUT. 3 out of the 5 distributors that went bad i could shake and hear the rotor button flopping around. ACDelco and distributors from parts houses can not be disassembled to do this to my knowledge.
                          Current Rides:
                          - 2009 Honda Civic Si - Stock, Daily
                          - 1979 Chevy Malibu - 383 Stroker, 7696 Turbo, Precision FMIC, Fuel Injected E85 (~700 whp)
                          - 1969 Chevy Camaro SS - 496 BBC 10.5:1 c/r, 150hp Nitrous Wet Plate System (620hp @ crank, no nitrous)

Comment

*COVER not OVER , fail
                            Current Rides:
                            - 2009 Honda Civic Si - Stock, Daily
                            - 1979 Chevy Malibu - 383 Stroker, 7696 Turbo, Precision FMIC, Fuel Injected E85 (~700 whp)
                            - 1969 Chevy Camaro SS - 496 BBC 10.5:1 c/r, 150hp Nitrous Wet Plate System (620hp @ crank, no nitrous)

Comment

Working...
                            X