No announcement yet.

2012 Challenger Rt build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll update again after I do a few more things but as of now I'm gonna try to get a front end alignment after I put new inner & outer tie rods on in the next day or so.

Comment

Good job looking to be a great car and on a budget.You plan on any wheels or other goodies?
      sigpic
      Mark Cain
      www.shelbysway.com
      Founder/President
      www.shelbysspeedandkustom.com
      (859)552-3359

Comment

Looks really good, nice job on the rebuild.
        1969 Dart GTS 408
        2002 Mustang GT Turbo 409/448 on 8 psi
        2011 Jeep Liberty Jet Sport with Sky Slider roof

Comment

Great looking car and great work! You always get more than you bargain for with a wreck... But in the end (if you take your time) you have a bargain!

I love the color.

I am actually in the market for a Challenger at the moment as well. Been looking at SRT8 Challengers and Chargers. Just looking for the right deal...

Comment

Originally posted by RAZIN CAIN View Post
            Good job looking to be a great car and on a budget.You plan on any wheels or other goodies?
            Yes sir I'm in the market for a set of wheels, so far I'm leaning towards a set of torque thrust M. The 20 inch wheel selection is pretty limited & especially with me wanting a staggered look with a lip. I'll probably change the rest of the exhaust soon & do some suspension work. I've already got a few bolt ons so a 6.4 cam swap is coming in the future. I may wait til winter on the cam & springs so I can enjoy it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by 6MACH9 View Post
              Great looking car and great work! You always get more than you bargain for with a wreck... But in the end (if you take your time) you have a bargain!

I love the color.

I am actually in the market for a Challenger at the moment as well. Been looking at SRT8 Challengers and Chargers. Just looking for the right deal...
              Getting one that isn't ripped into is the key, parts are dirt cheap from factory so I'd check with a dealer before looking at any aftermarket stock pieces. I was very fortunate to find one lightly wrecked, it did need put on the frame machine but my bend was at the farthest front tip. For me if that's where it's gonna be bent then that's the best place to be. For some reason the price on these wrecks are just insane & it took me almost 4 years to find one at a fair price & worth getting. But here lately I've seen a few fair deals floating around but they don't last long. If my mind don't change I'll start buying up wrecked challengers & vettes just to part out.

Comment

Originally posted by 04SRT View Post
                Looks really good, nice job on the rebuild.
                Thank you sir! It's been a lot of time & patience, fixing a wreck or any car you've got to be prepared for set backs & to not let them get you down.

Comment

Nice build....I am not a Mopar guy but really like the looks of those cars, out of the big three they pulled off the job of bringing the old school look into a modern package. I powdered some rims for a guy a few years back to match his SRT8 300 and they are using some insane flake/pearl in the factory colors.... lol learned my lesson to never color match except in clear direct sunlight.

Comment

Yup the first spray looked good til it was pulled out of the garage into the direct sunlight & then you could see the front was black instead of blue. I really like this color on my car, blackberry pearl is a great in person color that doesn't transfer well in pictures.

Comment

Ya getting the colors to translate to pictures was always very hard to do when I was powdering.

Comment

Glad to see all of your hard work finally paying off. Hopefully it will provide you with many years of enjoyment and the satisfaction that you fixed it yourself.
                        2011 Corvette
                        Grand Sport

2000 Corvette FRC
                        2001 Chevy Tahoe (Tow Pig)
                        2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2
                        2013 Chevy Tahoe (Wife's DD)
                        2008 Harley Electra Glide Classic

KYHP Moderator

TUNED BY BLUECAT

Comment

Yea I can't wait to start driving it on a regular & get some track practice. I'm Definately gonna do a few auto cross events too.

Comment

Great thread!
                            sigpic

ROD KINGS C.C.

Brotherhood of Street Racers (Hot Rod Division)

Comment

Originally posted by nevercouldfigureitout View Post
                              Yes sir I'm in the market for a set of wheels, so far I'm leaning towards a set of torque thrust M. The 20 inch wheel selection is pretty limited & especially with me wanting a staggered look with a lip. I'll probably change the rest of the exhaust soon & do some suspension work. I've already got a few bolt ons so a 6.4 cam swap is coming in the future. I may wait til winter on the cam & springs so I can enjoy it a little.
                              Sweet I like the staggered look with some dish in rear and pretty much straight up in front.That was one of my favorite things about Shelby's white GT
                              sigpic
                              Mark Cain
                              www.shelbysway.com
                              Founder/President
                              www.shelbysspeedandkustom.com
                              (859)552-3359

Comment

I'll trade you a wrecked Vette for it lol!
                                http://www.killbillet.com/images/smi...rivingskid.gifWELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Press 1 for English. Press 2 to disconnect until you learn to speak English. And remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN SOLIDER. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Comment

Working...
                                X